VENUE FINDING ASSISTANT
Company: wefindvenues | Part of The AOK Events Group
Job: Venue Finding Assistant
Location: Clapham Junction, SW London
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start Date: Autumn 2018
Job Type: Permanent upon passing a probation period
This role would suit a recent graduate from a hospitality, events or business-related degree who can demonstrate a passion for the hospitality industry, sales and customer service. It could also suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience in the hospitality sector, ideally within a venue finding or hotel sales role.
About us: wefindvenues is a rapidly growing venue finding service that combines innovative technology with excellent customer service. We have a diverse and exciting range of clients from Chanel to Microsoft who use us to source venues for a range of events such as conferences, dinners, away days or incentive trips.
wefindvenues is part of The AOK Events Group, one of the UK’s largest event agencies, which is comprised of 40+ staff and 6 brands.
On a day-to-day basis;
- You will take detailed briefs from clients and match the correct venues to their requirements
- Present venue options to clients by either using our in-house technology or creating a bespoke proposal
- Keep abreast of new venue openings & industry trends
- Attend site inspections with clients and sell them the venues you have suggested
- Meet with new venues onsite or in our offices and maintain our venues database
- Attend showcase evenings and FAM trips in the UK and abroad
- Build and maintain supplier and client relationships
- Negotiate costs and other benefits with suppliers
You should have:
- An engaging personality
- A clear and confident telephone and email manner
- Ability to write detailed proposals in English
- Confident financial management is imperative
- A passion for venue finding, the events industry, and great customer service
- Knowledge of London, UK & European venues, or a willingness to learn quickly
- The ability to digest a brief and create a first-class solution
- The motivation to become an integral part of an expanding business
- The ability to multi-task, retain venue information/knowledge and be a quick learner
- A strong work ethic & masses of enthusiasm
About the application:
Interviews will take place at our offices in Clapham Junction, London.
JUNIOR EVENT MANAGER
Job title: Junior Event Manager
Team: AOK Creative
Reports to: Rosanna Horne, Head of Event Management
The Junior Event Manager will support the AOK Creative team in the delivery of client live events, including brand experiences, conferences, incentives, parties and brand engagement.
These events will range from private dinners for 12 to Christmas parties for 700; from thought leadership breakfasts to large conferences; international and UK incentives to reward performance and experiential activities for brands.
The role is Monday to Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (5 p.m. on Fridays). The Junior Event Manager will be expected to work on events outside of these hours, occasionally on weekends and international travel may be required.
Previous experience delivering live events for corporate clients is essential.
This role would suit a graduate looking to further their career in a dynamic, fast moving and creative environment.
AOK Creative pride themselves on developing long-term successful relationships with our clients by excellent account management and project delivery. The Junior Event Manager will take an active role in developing these client relationships, with a view to managing their own accounts and projects.
AOK Creative is a team of seven and delivers over 200 events in a year, with a turnover in excess of £3m per year. AOK Creative is part of the AOK Events Group (aokevents.com) and our offices are in Clapham Junction, London.
Roles and responsibilities
- Timely attendance at our offices; with daily enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Effective time management and ability to manage multiple tasks in a calm professional manner
- Supporting other members in the AOK Creative team on-site at events
- Actively getting involved with projects; this will need offering assistance at all times
- Research and administration support, including creating itineraries and event schedules
- Attention to detail is vitally important with excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Supporting new business opportunities with creativity, research and preparing presentations
- Efficient and effective daily communication by phone and email with suppliers and clients
- Ensuring project paperwork is produced and accurate; especially financial records
- Languages are a benefit, although not essential
Please apply by email and include a current CV to Rosanna Horne firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place at our offices in Clapham Junction, London.