SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
A fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our award-winning event management company based in Clapham Junction. AOK Events create unforgettable events with our team of experts offering creativity, reliability and outstanding customer service. Our services include Live Events, Hospitality, Venue Finding, Parties, Entertainment and Gift Fulfilment.
We are looking for someone who can work on their own initiative with support from the Commercial Director and commercial corporate hospitality team. They will proactively use their experience to generate new business across the whole AOK Events portfolio, particularly corporate hospitality which includes events such as Wimbledon, Rugby World Cup, The Ashes and many more.
You must be full of confidence and comfortable in approaching people and not shy of rejection. Ideally, you’ll have some experience of cold call and face-to-face (either virtual or live) selling and be looking to move into a role with the chance to build your sales career within a growing business. AOK Events is constantly driving forward with an energetic spirit and this new role has been created to increase enquiries, convert leads and help drive the business forward.
See www.aokevents.com / www.aokcavendish.com for more information.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Active outbound lead generation, including calls, social media and networking
- Contacting past clients and calling potential new clients
- Developing existing relationships and creating new ones
- 360-degree sales process; from creating a lead to post-sale account management
- General sales administration, including management of the CRM system to ensure all data is up to date and correct
- Ability to keep accurate records and forecast sales based on market and activity
- Proactive sales approach with set KPIs
- Target face-to-face client meetings
- Actively promote the other areas of AOK Events’ revenue generation: venue finding, bespoke events and live event services
- Shared responsibility to ensure marketing collateral is up to date
- Help with creating proposals
- Be a support for the business development team and Commercial Director in general
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE MUST HAVE:
- A passion for sales & developing client relationships
- Self-motivated and willing to put in strong call and activity numbers
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to present in a boardroom of decision-makers
- 24-36 months of sales background or hospitality experience
- A university degree (preferred)
- The motivation to become an integral part of an expanding business
- A strong work and team ethic
- The ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure
- An interest in sports and/or events would be beneficial but not essential
- Multi-year experience in selling corporate hospitality would be beneficial but not essential
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (MATERNITY COVER), APRIL/MAY ’23 – JUNE ’24
Reporting to AOK Events’ Financial Controller, you will be responsible for mainly “accounts receivable” duties for our busy event management company, based in Clapham Junction, SW London. Working with our busy event managers, this 12 – 15 month role is perfect for a candidate looking for a 4 days a week or full time role. Our preference is for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Duties of Accounts Assistant include:
- Overseeing all sales invoices
- Credit Control
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Managing disbursements
- Liaising with suppliers and banking contacts
- Preparing schedules, statements, and reports as requested
- Reconciling completed events
- Other Ad hoc tasks and projects to support the finance team
- 3+ years’ experience in a relevant finance role
- Experience in Accounts Receivable essential
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with managers and colleagues
- Computer literate, competent with MS Office particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Sage is essential
- High attention to detail
- Numerically minded
Salary – £30,000 + (subject to experience)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter.
Our brilliant team are ready to help you.
Let’s do this.
"*" indicates required fields