VENUE FINDING ASSISTANT
Company: wefindvenues, part of The AOK Events Group
Job: Venue Finding Assistant
Location: Clapham Junction, SW London
Salary: Dependent on experience + discretionary annual bonus and other perks
Start Date: March 2019
Job Type: Permanent upon passing a probation period
We’re looking for a passionate, personable and motivated individual looking to forge an exciting career in venue finding.
About us: wefindvenues is a rapidly growing venue finding service that combines innovative technology with excellent customer service. We have a diverse and exciting range of clients from Chanel to Microsoft who use us to source venues for a range of events such as conferences, dinners, away days or incentive trips.
wefindvenues is part of The AOK Events Group, one of the UK’s largest event agencies, which is comprised of 40+ staff and 6 brands.
On a day-to-day basis;
- You will take detailed briefs from clients and match the correct venues to their requirements
- Present venue options to clients by either using our in-house technology or creating bespoke proposals
- Keep abreast of new venue openings & industry trends
- Attend site inspections with clients and sell them the venues you have suggested
- Meet with new venues onsite or in our offices and maintain our venues database
- Attend showcase evenings and FAM trips in the UK and abroad
- Build and maintain supplier and client relationships via phone, email and face to face
- Negotiate costs and other benefits with suppliers on behalf of our clients
You should have:
- An engaging personality
- A clear and confident telephone and email manner
- Ability to write detailed proposals in English
- Confident financial management is imperative
- Excellent management of workloads
- The ambition to grow and develop your career at an exciting company
- A passion for venue finding, the events industry and great customer service
- Some knowledge of venues in London, the rest of the UK & across Europe
- The confidence and drive to manage and grow accounts
- The ability to digest a brief and create a first-class solution
- The motivation to become an integral part of an expanding business
- The ability to multi-task, retain venue information/knowledge and be a quick learner
- A strong work ethic & masses of enthusiasm
About the application:
Please send applications to Paul Moynihan via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include your current CV.
Interviews will take place at our offices in Clapham Junction, London.
Do you have a passion for organising excellent events? The challenge of creating a fantastic guest experience, the reward of seeing the event achieve its objectives, whilst working in a face paced creative environment.
The Event Assistant will support the AOK Creative team in the delivery of live events for our clients.
These events will range from private dinners for 12 to Christmas parties for 700; from thought leadership breakfasts to large conferences; international and UK incentives to reward performance and consumer brand experiences.
The role is Monday to Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. (5 p.m. on Fridays) based in our offices in Clapham Junction. The Event Assistant will be expected to work on events outside of these hours, occasionally on weekends and international travel may be required.
This role would suit a graduate looking to further, or start, their career in a dynamic, fast moving and creative environment within a growing agency.
AOK Creative pride themselves on developing long-term successful relationships with our clients by excellent account management and project delivery. The Event Assistant will take an active role in developing these client relationships, with a view to managing their own accounts and projects in time.
AOK Creative is a team of 11 and delivers over 300 events in a year, with a turnover of £3m+ per year. AOK Creative (www.aokcreative.co.uk) is part of the AOK Events Group (www.aokevents.com) and our offices are in Clapham Junction, London.
AOK Creative are committed to developing the team’s skills, experience and careers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Timely attendance at our offices; with daily enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Effective time management and ability to manage multiple tasks in a calm professional manner
- Supporting other members in the AOK Creative team in planning and delivering events
- Actively getting involved with projects; this will need offering assistance at all times
- Research and administration support, including financial reconciliation and event schedules
- Attention to detail is vitally important, with excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Supporting new business opportunities with creativity, research and preparing presentations
- Efficient and effective daily communication by phone and email with suppliers and clients
- Ensuring project paperwork is produced and accurate; especially financial records
- Languages are a benefit, although not essential
Please apply by email and include a current CV to James Maclay at email@example.com. Interviews will take place at our offices in Clapham Junction, London.