Our Favourite Off-site Locations in The UK
8 March 2023
With the dramatic rise in remote working and flexible office days, bringing teams together has never been more important. Exclusive hires of country house hotels or estates are popular with an emphasis on getting outside be it for mindfulness walks, yoga, foraging or wild swimming but most of all being together. We have included a selection of some of our favourites.
THE RETREAT – ELCOT PARK
The Retreat is a newly re-imagined 18th-century country house hotel & spa set in magnificent grounds, with two stunning restaurants, located between the historic towns of Hungerford and Newbury, in the heart of rolling West Berkshire countryside. A refined yet relaxed boutique hotel, at the heart of the North Wessex Downs.
- Bedrooms: 55 bedrooms
- Ideal Group Size: 2 -80 guests
- Top Activity: Luxurious on-site spa or Wine experts offering private wine tastings and tours of local vineyards.
- Exclusive Hire: Yes, up to 110 guests
THE GALLIVANT – RYE, EAST SUSSEX
A blast of fresh air. A breathtaking beach. Wonderful food made with love. Only bettered by sinking into a sensational bed, in a beautifully thought out room. Choose The Gallivant if you want the best of everything.
- Bedrooms: 20 bedrooms
- Ideal Group Size: 14-80 guests
- Top Activity: Wild yoga on the beach, paddle boarding or wild swimming.
- Exclusive Hire: Yes, up to 40 guests
OAKLEY COURT – WINDSOR
Oakley Court is a glorious Victorian mansion house set in 35 acres of English countryside on the banks of the River Thames, and all just under an hour from London. Individually designed by Eagle & Hodges, their recently refurbished Mansion House, Boathouse and Garden bedrooms are a blend of traditional English fabrics with Modernist furniture.
- Bedrooms: 95 bedrooms
- Ideal Group Size: 8-140 guests
- Top Activity: Two full size tennis courts and riverside classes featuring various levels of running, walking and stretching. Also, bicycles are available to hire.
- Exclusive Hire: Yes, up to 190 guests
FOUR SEASONS – HAMPSHIRE
Wander through lush English gardens, ride horseback along the rolling hills, or unwind in the Zen-like spa. Set in a restored, 18th-century manor on 500 acres of picturesque grounds outside of London, Hampshire seamlessly blends legacy and heritage with 21st-century modernity. Reconnect in this family-friendly, dog-friendly, countryside escape.
- Bedrooms: 134 bedrooms
- Ideal Group Size: Up to 250 guests
- Top Activity: Enjoy the best of country life with a mix of activities, including clay pigeon shooting, duck herding, fly fishing and a highwire adventure.
- Exclusive Hire: Yes, up to 268 guests
BEAVERBROOK – SURREY HILLS
Imbued with romance and style that pays tribute to its glamorous past, Beaverbrook is a quintessentially English Country House estate nestled in the heart of the picturesque Surrey Hills. Whether you’re dressing up to celebrate or dressing down to unwind, their elegant surroundings and remarkable facilities offer something truly special.
- Bedrooms: 35 bedrooms and suites
- Ideal Group Size: Up to 100 guests
- Top Activity: Bear Grylls Survival Academy
- Exclusive Hire: Yes, up to 70 guests
Get in touch with our venue finders to book your off-site trip.