Singing in Harmony: The Benefits of Karaoke Team-building
9 February 2024
Team-building activities are crucial for fostering a positive work environment and enhancing collaboration among colleagues. One unique and enjoyable way to achieve this is by organising a Karaoke Team-building Night! We’ll explore reasons why hosting a Karaoke Night could be the perfect choice to boost moral and create lasting memories.
Why is it a Good Idea to do a Karaoke Team-building Activity?
Breaking the Ice Ice Baby
Karaoke provides a relaxed and informal environment where team members can let loose and have fun together. It breaks down barriers and helps team members feel more comfortable around each other, making it easier to interact and communicate.
Karaoke team-building activities often create lasting memories and inside jokes that can strengthen the camaraderie among team members. These shared experiences can help create a sense of belonging within the team.
Boost Your Confidence
Karaoke provides a platform for individuals to step out of their comfort zones and showcase their talents. Overcoming stage fright and receiving positive feedback can significantly boost confidence levels, both individually and as a team. You’ll feel like your Walking On Sunshine after singing your heart out.
Ultimately, karaoke team-building activities are fun and enjoyable experiences for your team. It provides an opportunity for laughter, bonding, and shared enjoyment, which can boost morale and team spirit. Remember We’re All in This Together!
Venues You Can Hire For a Team Karaoke Night
We have put together a list of venues in London where you can sing the night away with your team!
For the ultimate team bonding experience, it gets no better than a team-building event at Lucky Voice Liverpool Street or Lucky Voice Holborn. Fantastic for breaking down barriers, Lucky Voice team-building sessions help boost morale, harness creativity, nurture loyalty and develop rock-solid leadership.
The day itself focuses on fun interactive games and the ultimate ice-breaker – karaoke – features heavily. All festivities are led by one of their professional corporate hosts.
- Location: Liverpool St and Holborn
- Food: Selection of finger food, upgrade to desserts
- Drinks: Unlimited tea/coffee/juice, upgrade to smoothies or 2 x beer, half a bottle of wine OR cocktails
- Capacity: 30 – 200 people
- USP: Cocktail making and games included
Lose yourself in a private karaoke setting, where the authentic atmosphere of Tokyo’s late-night karaoke scene is brought to life. With eight private rooms for an exclusive karaoke experience, a lively Hidden Bar, and seamless room service ordering.
Moyagi’s unique event space in central London is perfect for hosting events of any size. In addition, Moyagi offers various customisable options to ensure that your event is tailored to your exact needs.
- Location: Regent St
- Food: Delicious Asian fusion hand-held delights
- Drinks: Signature cocktails
- Capacity: 180 people
- USP: Hidden bar in the venue
The Star by Liverpool Street offers two exquisite function rooms that are ideal for a wide range of occasions, whether it’s a training session, a crucial meeting, or a casual office catch-up.
They also provide a comprehensive package that includes delicious food, refreshing drinks, and a selection of tea and coffee options to satisfy your attendees’ needs.
- Location: Liverpool Street
- Food: Chuck Burgers
- Drinks: Drinks packages available
- Capacity: Up to 50 people
- USP: Themed karaoke rooms (including jungle theme!)
Where better to host your event than in the heart of Covent Garden? Set over five floors, each room is distinct in its design & style. From Karaoke in Sing Sing, too formal dinners & meetings in The Inspector’s Office, or a party on The Roof Terrace. Bow Street Tavern hosts large-scale multi-room events, as well as small and intimate gatherings.
- Location: Convent Garden
- Food: Lunch & dinner menus available
- Drinks: A range of drinks packages available
- Capacity: Up to 20 in the Sing Sing rooms
- USP: Multiple rooms you can hire including their roof terrace
Between workspaces for your events and karaoke rooms to release the pressure, Mama London really does things like no other! At Mama London, sing your heart out in our karaoke rooms and gather in their private spaces to create, exchange and share.
- Location: Shoreditch
- Food: Delicious homemade dishes from the restaurant
- Drinks: Drinks from the restaurant available to order
- Capacity: Up to 15 people
- USP: You can stay overnight!
AOK Events Karaoke Playlist
The AOK Events Team love a night singing their hearts out to Karaoke Classics. Take a look at our favourite songs:
- Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Tenacious D – Tribute
- Bring Me To Life – Evanescence
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
- What Would You Do? – City High
- It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay – Whitney Houston
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Live Forever – Oasis
- Dynamite – BTS
- Hometown Glory – Adele
- Torn – Natalie Imbruglia
- I Can’t Go For That – Hall & Oates
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman! – Shania Twain
- About Damn Time – Lizzo
- American Pie – Madonna
- Teardrops – Womack & Womack
- Pocketful Of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield
- Crazy In Love – Beyonce
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker
- Nothing Compares To You – Sinead O’Connor
- Love Story – Taylor Swift
- 9 To 5 – Dolly Parton
- What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Foundations – Kate Nash
- Empire State Of Mind – Alicia Keys & Jay-Z
Get in touch with our team to book your unforgettable karaoke night!
Looking for something different? Click here to find out more team-building activities you can do with your team.