For their Future of Growth summit, LinkedIn were looking to organise a hybrid conference for their clients to join in London as well as through VR headsets in the EMEAL and LATAM regions. The focus for the event setup was to make it as sustainable as possible including an emissions friendly venue, vegetarian catering and a setup that could be donated and repurposed after the event.
The Techspace in Shoreditch was a perfect choice for the event as it is a blank canvas that we could brand and design, has enough space for the AV setup required for a hybrid conference. It also has good sustainability credentials and is located in a central, easy to reach part of London.
What We Did
- Filmed and streamed event
- Managed all onsite production and AV
- Venue, catering and 3rd party supplier management
- Sourced and styled the venue on brand
- Full sustainable branding of the venue including minimal print on seeded paper, PVC free vinyl, recycled materials and a no plastic policy
- Purchased and redistributed over 60 plants into community and schools
- Partnered with Eventcycle to collect left over materials
- Built and created bespoke streaming platform where guests could watch the content online, so people could join from home and reduce travel
- Gave herbs and educational book away as give away
- Coffee cart integrated into venue
- Cocktail bar post event drinks reception with cocktails and canapes for 100 guests attending in person
- An ICE taskforce dinner at the Hoxton Hotel which has good sustainability criteria
Vegetarian catering by default
In order to promote more sustainable eating habits, LinkedIn decided to make all catering vegetarian by default with the option for guests to opt in to meat based dishes when submitting their dietaries. As a result the majority of guests decided to stick to the vegetarian options, an initiative LinkedIn aim to implement at their future events as well.
In conclusion, the conference was a huge success and the hybrid set up worked seamlessly. In addition the sustainability criteria were met and Eventcycle were able to make great use of the donated materials by redistributing them into the community. Read more about our work with Eventcycle here.
Our brilliant team are ready to help you.
Let’s do this.
"*" indicates required fields